If you believe in the paranormal, then you know that spirits can be anywhere and everywhere. Here in Hawaii due to all the different nationalities in the state, we have a multitude of beliefs about the supernatural. If you’ve ever read the Obake Files By Glenn Grant, you can see how culturally rich our paranormal beliefs are. When I was younger, I fancied myself a “ghost hunter” before all of the reality shows hit TV. Over the many years that I did my research and went on “hunts” I’ve learned one valuable thing:
The hunter can easily become the hunted.
Mind you, I’ve had no close calls, but after doing my research, I don’t want one. Yes, while many questions remain, about Amityville, something like that can happen in real life. Don’t get me wrong, I laugh at horror movies, and it does take a lot to scare me. Living here in Hawaii has also taught me to have a healthy respect for the paranormal.
If I ever go into a house or building and hear a something saying “get out!”, you can bet your behind that I’ll be the first person out the door. I will not try to help a ghost, I will get as far away from it, and go and get blessed by a priest. I do have rules of survival that I abide by if I ever find myself in a horror movie like situation. They’re not much different than the rules from Randy Meeks in the Scream movie trilogy. I’ll list some of them below for your amusement / information:
- Be the one that believes, the one that doesn’t believe always dies.
- Never split up into groups, there is safety in numbers (for most situations).
- Never ask who’s there when you hear someone/something making noises.
- Never undress. Naked = Dead.
- Never do drugs or drink alcohol. It’s the sin factor, and you need to have all your senses at 100% if you want to live.
- Never have sex (I just don’t understand, why anyone would want to have sex when they know there is something/someone out there killing people).
- If the killer is chasing you, do not run upstairs, run out the nearest door.
- Even if the car is brand new, don’t bother trying to start it or try to get away in it. It won’t start.
- If you’re facing a horde of zombies, run!
- Never be the fearless jock type. They usually get killed almost right away.
OK, those are some of my rules. I have more, but this post would become very large, and I don’t want to bore you with them. The paranormal isn’t something to be messed around with, and is to be respected. I hope that you’ve enjoyed this post. Thanks for reading! 😀
All images and video is copyright their perspective holders.